Apple season has begun! Women's Health magazine recently featured some tasty apple recipes by Amy Traverso, author of The Apple Lover's Cookbook. One in particular is an easy summer "pasta" featuring GingerGold apples which are now ripe and ready to pick at Rose Hill Farm!
- 1 large butternut squash, top only, peeled
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped sage leaves
- 2 large GingerGold apples
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Spiralize squash and cut into 6-to-8 inch lengths (alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to cut it into thick ribbons). On a baking sheet, toss squash noodles with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat. When it is no longer foaming, add sage and cook until butter turns golden and sage becomes fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Add squash noodles to the skillet and toss to coat. Spiralize apples (leave the skins on) and toss with the squash.
Makes 4 servings.