COme work with us! We are hiring for a number of positions for the 2018 season and beyond!
Rose Hill Farm is a 114 acre property growing apples, cherries, peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums and blue berries. We breed and raise pigs in a pasture environment and raise free range chickens. Rose Hill has a partnership with Scenic Hudson to preserve the agricultural heritage of the Hudson Valley and protect the waterways that traverse our property and feed the Sawkill River.
We are looking for industrious, hardworking innovative individuals to be a part of our transition from traditional farm toward more progressive sustainable practices. Rose Hill Farm has been growing fruit since 1798 and have operated as a 'you-pick' orchard for the last 25+ years. In addition to our orchard, we pasture raise a limited number of livestock and have a 7-hive apiary. Two years ago, we initiated a restrictive IPM program and are constantly reviewing and honing our practice.
We hope to find applicants that are both experienced farmers/orchardist as well hardworking dedicated individuals that can demonstrate a passion for agriculture and an interest in learning and applying their existing knowledge to our practice.
We are in the process of building a new equipment barn that will also house our farm managers office, staff lounge, bathroom/ shower facilities, and bunks. We are also restoring a post-Civil War post and beam barn for a cidery and will be planting a new cider orchard next spring.
We are excited about the possibilities and are looking for individuals that share our passion for the land and environment, can appreciate the opportunities and become a member of the Rose Hill Farm Family. Here are a few bullet points that highlight some of the key attributes potential hires may have:
- Experience in fruit growing is not required, but desire to learn is!
- Self-motivated, organized and hard working
- Detail oriented and able to learn quickly
- Proven record of working well with a team
- Enjoy hard work in all weather conditions and able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to communicate clearly and positively with other members of the team and customers
- Mechanical abilities are preferable but not required
- Pay is commensurate with experience and responsibilities